Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kanye at the GLOW IN THE DARK TOUR in HP Pavilion last Saturday.

I gotta say, I've seen a lot of shows in my time, but, this was probably the best RAP show I have ever seen. Ye really came through for this show. Fran and I saw his show here last time a couple of years ago and I thought it was crap, but this time, he came in Michael Jackson esk with the show and the showmanship (minus the dancing). The show was like Captain E.O. meets Star Tours meets Hip Hop. And that was the thing, I mean it was technically a HIP HOP show and I know there are better lyricists and rappers out there, but come on, I don't think the great rappers of today can do a show like this. Kanye was out there for an hour plus, never left the stage, one water break, which was a part of the show, and had a story line to the show. Pyro-technics, a moon surface looking stage, a movable dance floor, and some crazy ass big screens behind him. He really stepped it up, especially with the big EGO angle, no guest apperances, and no visibility to his band and singers who were underneath him, Broadway orchestra style and no encore (Do you want More). But that was what I got out of it, it seems like he paid off some Broadway dude or some super POP concert dude to help him put together his show or something. Two thumbs up from me, its really worth it. Here is his intro we saw at San Jose. Thanks Mz.
(sorry about the view, the zoom on my camera is wack.)


No comments:

Post a Comment