Wednesday, October 4, 2006

The First Post...


Today is my first post using "blogger". I'm a newbie to this so bare with me. Well the reason I'm posting this Blog for is because I'm DJ Ant-1 and I want yall to get to know me. I'll give you a quick rundown of my bio, I'll keep it quick and will try to explain my history better in the future.
I've been DJing for almost about 10 years now in the San Francisco Bay Area, started way back in 96' and I still can't believe its been that long. I consider myself a Hip Hop DJ, and I guess you could call me a Turntablist, I just don't want to be labeled and generalized just as that cause I want to do more than that. Always wanted to scratch when I started, did the mobile thing to learn to mix, and did the whole scratch crew thing as well. These days, I just want to see the bigger picture of where music can take me, so I'm grasping the whole making music thing now. I understand that you still got to put yourself out there to get that exposure, so that's what i'm trying to tackle now.
So that's that... Now to get to the things of today:


- DJs: Eddie Raskel, X, Tipp, and Ant-1 together form our crew "RI$KY BIZNE$$" so check up on us from time time where will be rockin our sound for all of yall.

- Check Out Poleng Lounge Tuesday October 10th for Zion I and Grouch 's Album Listening Party. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

-I'm trying to put together on a Promo Mix CD for MC Emassin, of the bay area rap group Elemnop, for his Solo Album called "Purple Yam Cafe" aka PYC. Produced by the talented individual Cee Rock. and if you want to hear some choice cuts from that production check out:http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=88840

That's it for now, if you read this far...BIG UPS to you cause i know those were alot of words and thanks for getting to know me. Till next Time, Peace.
- Ant

(soundtrack: "Song for Junior" by the Beastie Boys)

No comments:

Post a Comment