Friday, February 20, 2009

I just watched Robocop 2.

Came home last night after grabbing drinks for J Boo's Birthday and wanted to watch a movie before I went to sleep. This may be old news, but, I went on Hulu.com and excitedly saw that you can watch ROBOCOP 2 online.



This was the one where Robocop, aka Alex Murphy, fights drug dealers in Detroit. The Drug they were pushin was called "Nuke" and it looks like a heroin shot to the neck and as the movie describes it, "a cheap narcotic that's highly addictive." The Boss on top was a cult leader named "Kane", who later becomes a cyborg to battle Robocop. Here's more INFO on the story if you want it.

Anyways, after that was done, I realized how current the themes were from 1990 to now. Evil Corporates, bad TV Media, gentrification, bad politics, F*cked up commercials, and the best theme of Robots that kill. Frank Miller was one of the writer's for this one, which is another reason why it's dope and Irvin "Kersh" Kershner, who directed my favorite Star Wars Film, Empire Strikes Back, Directed Robo 2. Too good in the behind the scenes department. I feel that they both had a nice prediction of what the future was going to be and this movie is more than a decade old.

After that thought, I remembered that Darren Aronofsky, who directed Requiem for a Dream and the Wrestler is making a remake in 2010. Remake. Is that good or bad? At first I thought it was bad, becasue making a GOOD sequel of Robocop, aka Murphy, is gonna have high expectations to satisfy folks. Like what if they dumbed it down to PG-13 and not make it rated R or they make his suit wack. Then my next thought was that Aronofsky is a dope director, so it has to be good. Supposedly he said that the new Robocop was not a remake and more a reimagining of it. I don't know if that is good or bad. Let's wait and see.


"You're coming with me creep."

No comments:

Post a Comment